Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

4th of July morning we had a pancake breakfast at the church.
Not the greatest family picture but the other one Austin had his hand over his face.
All the kids brought bikes and they had a parade and all the kids rode their bikes in a circle around the parking lot. Hannah didn't bring a bike so she just pushed Grete.
Here is Austin riding his bike. I was pretty impressed, he kept up with all the kids. ( he has only been riding his bike for a month or two)
Here is Hannah and her big 4th of July bow I make for her. I know, I know she doesn't have any hair, just let me pretend that she does.
Later the day Austin had his last swimming lesson and then we invited the Millers over to go swimming. That was drama, I'll have to blog about that one another time. (the HOA company hired a security serves to keep the trouble makes kids out of our pool and the guard that was on duty thought that meant ALL kids and tried to tell me I couldn't
take my kids in the pool. I was not happy, we took our kids anyways and he ended up calling the HOA company and found out we were right.)

Then we went to the Miller's for a BBQ and fireworks. The Brown's came too, it was tons of fun and great food.

The kids couldn't wait to do fireworks. We started off with a whole box of poppers (the kind you throw down on the ground and they pop and the kind that you pull and all the stuff comes out.)

Then all the kids got their sparklers.
Then we got to the good stuff and the kids loved watching all the fireworks.
Hannah and me watching fireworks.
I love this picture. I think it is so cute that Nicole ( second from the right) is laying her head on her brother's shoulder.
Austin didn't like the fireworks that made the really high pitched sound. He would ask before every firework if this one was going to be loud.
Austin really liked sitting by Nicole. I think he likes her.

After we left the Miller's we went over to the Deals for another hour or so of fireworks. Overall my kids did pretty good.

I hope you had a great 4th of July!

3 comments:

Angel said...

We sure missed you guys out here on the 4th! It has been way too long since we hung out.

JACKIE said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Jackson got scared by our mini fireworks! Miss you guys.

AP said...

Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July! I love Hannah's bow, it's darling!