Friday, July 25, 2008

Finally it is finished and I LOVE it!!

Ever since we bought our house ( 3 years ago this month!) I have wanted a built-in entertainment center in that big open space.
My parents were moving and they were doing all built-in so they gave us these pine units that side by side fit in there perfectly. I was happy with that.

Until we decided that the T.V ( that I got for Christmas my Sophomore year of High school) wasn't cutting it anymore. The on/off button was pushed in and it was just time for a new one. (see T.V in back ground)
But the new T.V wouldn't fit in the pine units.

So We asked my brother to build us a built-in, but he just started his own business and is REALLY busy. So we ask Eddy ( a guy at Aaron's work) to build us one and he said YES!!!

So here it is in steps.... They had to build the whole thing at the shop and then bring it over to my house to put it in. So here is is after day 1.
This is right after they go it in . It took 4 men to get it in the house and that things is HEAVY.
Here is the finished project. I love it! Someday we will frame it in so it looks like a true built in, but until then I am one happy girl.What do you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

SWEET!!!

Angel said...

That looks so amazing! They are a perfect fit!

Morrell Family said...

YEA! It looks awesome. I'm glad that it is finally done for you and it looks like it will match your cabinets perfectly.

DebLawson said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
It looks sooooo good!!!!

Yea!!!

Danee said...

that looks so great! I am so impressed that you already have it all put together and decorated already. How great!

The Heaton's said...

that looks great, love the decorations. i also really like the color of your wall as well!

ps ash's wedding is friday the 22nd. we fly in wednesday and fly home sunday! hoepfully we can find time to get together! if not hopefully we'll see you at the wedding (my mom said she sent the invite to your parents house, and it included family too-jo dee, you, jason, jon- and families)

JACKIE said...

Oh I wish I could come over and see it! Too bad I'm far away. It looks amazing and like it was there in the beginning. How fun!

Call family said...

Wahoo!! It is gorgeous, not the plain mission style thing descibed. It looks gorgeous I'm happy you have have your table back, maybe now we can eat dinner the "Traditional" way... :) They look great!