Sunday, August 3, 2008

Camping

The kids and I went camping up at my parents camp ground for my dad's birthday. There is a gate you have to go through and there was a car already going through it so I asked my mom if I could go through it with the other car or if I had to stop and put in the code. well...my mom said, "just wave to the guy in the booth and he'll know we are members." Half way through the gate the guy in the booth dropped the gate arm on my car. and it left this nice yellow scratch on my car. So I went back down to get there insurance information so I could get it fixed. When I went back down the booth and asked for the insurance information
the guy said, "What did I do?"
I said, "you dropped the gate arm on my car."
the guy, "I did, well I didn't see a pass in your window"
Me: " all you had to ask me to do is ask me to stop , you didn't have to drop the gate on me, I was looking right at you"
the guy.( very rudely.." I am sorry"
So I haven't heard for the insurance company yet, who knows if they will even call me.


Anyways we didn't let it ruin our weekend. Here we are after swimming at the pool.
This is my sister JoDee and her youngest daughter Bella.
Here is me and Hannah.
My mom and Bella. Austin was there too but I don't know why he isn't in any pictures.

Here is my mom and Hannah. Hannah was Grandma's girl this weekend.
Austin can ride this quad all by himself. My parents campsite is on this loop so Austin just ride it around the loop and someone just walks next to him just in case. This time it happened to be my dad.
This is Hannah's first time camping this year. Last year she was just crawling and stayed inside most the time, but this year she thought she would see what dirt tasted like.
My brother and his girlfriend came up and spent the night too. Here is me, Hannah and my brother sitting on the tailgate of the truck watching Austin ride his quad around the loop.
Hannah thought she would give it a a try, I think she has at least 1 more year before she can ride it. I am surprised that she sat on it because she really don't like the sound they make.
Here is my brother Jon and Hannah eating breakfast.Hannah has been very attached to her bear lately, so we took it camping because she can't sleep without it. She kept taking it outside with her.

This is Hannah's bear before being washed...
BEFORE:
AFTER:Yeah for the clean bear.

2 comments:

DebLawson said...

Yea! Fun camping trip with mom and dad!
Lame how that guy dropped the gate thing on your van. LAME! Hope you get that resolved. what a dork.

I love clean bear. That got me thinking about doing a post on Natalie's 'Bunny'. She was given this bunny at 3 months old from my aunt in San Diego and it has been Nat's LIFE ever since... even today. This little thing has gone through so many washings and mendings and has gone on countless trips! Thankfully, he has never been left behind!
Fun post, Jeri! Your belly is adorable.

Danee said...

Jeri - what fun pictures. That is so great that your parents have a place that it so close that you can just go up for a night. Love the dirty bear