So Yesterday we went out to see Grandma Alisa and Papa Rocky. Aaron wanted to take his car so he could fix his battery cables while we were there. On the way home his gas light turned on. Which is fine he can drive a week to and from work with it on. (he only works 7 minutes from home) So I knew we were okay to make it home. But then Anson Called and asked Aaron to come play basketball. I told Aaron he should take my car. He said No, I'll be fine. Well it was already getting late and basketball started in 10 minutes and he had a 25 minute drive. So he makes it there, played basketball and then headed home. I called him around 11:15pm and he said he had just left a few minutes earlier. About 15-20 minutes later, just as I am starting to fall asleep the phone rings..
Never a good sign, this late at night.
It is my husband calling to tell me he ran out of gas.
So what do I do?
I have 2 kids that are sound asleep.
Well I dragged them out of bed, put them in the car. Grabbed the gas can and headed to get Aaron.
Well I didn't know where there was a gas station close to Aaron so I stopped by out gas station right here on the corner, got out in my P.J's and filled the gas can.
Then we waited for Aaron to put the gas in his car and then followed him home to make sure he would make it.
Luckily, Austin never woke up ( he is a very sound sleeper) and Hannah went right back down.
Someday I'll look back and laugh about it... But today is not the day!





3 comments:
Luckily this post is placed right after the one about Aaron being useful and fixing your car. Read that one again and remember that he isn't a idiot ALL the time.
Oh Dear!
Aaron! We were so proud of you for fixing the car and then you go and do THIS?!
Jeri... you are a good wife!
I love how you know you can laugh about it someday... Good perspective Jeri!
Post a Comment