
I forgot that when you buy a new car that you have to go to the DMV. Aaron has been asking me to go since Wednesday and I kept putting it off. I could think of a million other things to do then take 2 kids to the DMV.
Well I was going to go first thing this morning but my friend Candace left for Colorado and I REALLY want to be here when she left so Austin and I could say goodbye. Then I had to call USAA, they said that they would send over my papers that I should take to the DMV. I waited and waited and they hadn't sent them yet so I said, "forget i"t I'll take my chances that I wouldn't need them. I drove all the way to woodland DMV ( 20 minute drive) because everyone said it would be a shorter line. By the time I drove around looking for it I probably could of been in and out and any other DMV. I finally found it. I drag both kids into the DMV and stood in the first line, wow that was pretty quick! So I got my number and sat down to fill out the paper work. Not to bad so far.
Then it was like a switch had been turned on, Austin was on the ground throwing a fit because he didn't want to sit next to the person who had sat down in the chair right next him . Hannah then Poops and I realize that I don't have any wipes. Austin took off his shoes that take ten minutes to put on. Hannah is now crying because she really wants her diaper changed. I then finally start filling out my paper work and realize I grabbed the wrong USAA card, So then I have to call Aaron at work, and I have been calling Aaron at work a lot lately with the whole new getting a car thing. So I know when they answered the phone and it was me they probably rolled their eyes. I thought I got all the info I needed so I hung up the phone to realize I needed his license number. Austin is still throwing a fit and wants a drink of water.
Finally they call my number so I jump up hand them my paperwork. By the way I didn't need those papers from USAA. I write my check and I'm out of there. I load the kids back up in the car. I am done, yippy!!! I start driving home and get a few minutes from the freeway and I remembered this morning while I was talking to USAA they said I needed a copy of the application. So I turned around. Unloaded the kids. Dragged them back into the DMV. Stood in line AGAIN and asked for a copy of my application. Loaded the kids back up in the car and processed to head home.
So now that all the DMV paper work is done and the car is registered, it is officially mine! With a few tears and a lot of sweat we are proud to be the owners of our Honda Odyssey!





1 comment:
oh Jeri!! i'm soo sorry you had to go the the dumb DMV. thats especially the time when you need a babysitter. i'll help a sista out next time. love the van
Post a Comment