Friday, December 7, 2007

We got a kitten!

This is Our new kitten. Austin named her Fiona.
She is GREAT with our kids.
Austin picks her up and carriers her all around the house.
We have had her for almost a week. She is very playful. I thought I was going to worry about Hannah getting into the Christmas tree this year but I was wrong. It is the kitten who is messing up my tree. She likes to climb all the way to the top and then slide down taking half the ornaments with her. That is her new hiding spot. She is safe up there, no kids picking her up by the neck or throwing her.
We got her because we still have a lot of construction going on around us and we have had some nice little visits for the mice. While we were gone in Arizona a mouse climbed into my sectional and ate some of the piping off from one of my cushions. I was so mad I think I matched the color of my sofa. So Aaron said we are just getting a cat to keep the mice away. But it didn't take long for Aaron to fall in love with her. The kids love princess Fiona.

1 comment:

DebLawson said...

Love your kitty! She's sweet, and she will do a great job at catching those mice, however.....often, after a kitty captures a mouse, she'll leave it on your door step, on your porch, where ever, as a lovely GIFT to her owners!! Thanks kitty!

Our kitties leave us yummy head-less grasshoppers! Yea! Thanks guys.