Monday, May 26, 2008

Codfish Creek Trail

Aaron's sister took their family one this trail a month or so ago and we thought it look like fun. We didn't want to sit home all weekend. Aaron called his sister to find out more about the trail. We invited our friends Carol and Jesper to come with us.

Here we are before we started the hike to the waterfall.
It was a pretty easy hike but it was very narrow and make me nervous when Austin walked to close to the edge.

Austin at the beginning of the hike. By the end he was pretty tired.
Aaron and Hannah
Here is the waterfall. It was kinda anti-climatic. The water was barley flowing, it was still pretty. The hike in was about 1.5 miles. Austin did GREAT!
More Call family pictures. It has been a while since we got a good picture.
Thanks Jesper!Here is the Ponderosa bridge. We came down the left side of the bridge and when we got down there I realized that my parents live at the top of the road on the right side of the bridge. I didn't know if we were able to drive up that side of the mountain.
As we were leaving we ran into some familiar faces. Jon (A guy I went to church with when we lived in Granite bay) Alena and Sam (some friends of our that were in our wedding party) , the singles ward was activity and the river. We also ran into the Jepson family. They too called the Davis' to find out where the trail was.
This was a fun day, but the fun wasn't over yet.
We ended up finding out that the road up the right side of the bridge was easier to get up then the left. So we surprised my parents. Austin was way excited to show Aaron that he could ride his quad all by himself. (I wish I would of taken pictures) We too played on the bigger quads and visited with my parents. We also went on a baseball card hunt for all my dad's baseball cards. After about 1 hour of searching my dad found the cards. We took them home and Jesper had a book that told you how much each card is worth. We looked up the cards that Jesper thought were worth something. We priced 15 cards and the total was $900. Not bad!
Both kids CRASHED on the way home. Aaron sat in the back because I was getting car sick
(I only get car sick when I am pregnant)
Overall it was a BLAST.

6 comments:

JACKIE said...

Just got home from our trip we took over the weekend and am trying to update my blog too, hopefully! Glad I checked yours out. Looks like you guys had a fun day hiking. Love the bunk beds! And cute pics of the kids. Talk to you soon.

Angel said...

Sounds like you guys had an incredible time!

DebLawson said...

What a killer day!!

Maybe next time we are in CA we'll go on that hike.

:)

The Heaton's said...

so fun! memorial day must have been the hiking weekend (we did the same thing). however, our hike was less green and lacking water, but what else do you expect in the desert! glad the kids did good, they definitely looked pooped afterwards! cute pics.

you will love photoshop, i can't wait for you to try out digital scrapbooking. definitely go to shabbyprincess.com and download the free layouts.

Danee said...

those pics are great. That is so funny that you guys saw so many people. I never even put it together that the Jeppsons had called us too to go. That is crazy that your parents live on the other side. I am so sorry that the waterfall was a dissapointment. The water was flowing a TON more when we were there. Also, I need to borrow Jesper's book. I have a big old box of Charles' old cards that I have been threatening to toss but I guess I better make sure that they are not worth anything first!

david santos said...

Nice, nice and very nice Baby`s!
Happy week