I had Enrichment last night at the church. I get a phone call from Aaron saying, he just finished putting out the FIRE that was on our back fence. Aaron just happened to walk out side to see our fence totally covered in flames. The neighbor yelled, "grab your hose and Call 9-1-1." So Luckily I have been hand watering our plants and I had the attachment on the hose. Aaron called 9-1-1 but they were already on there way because they could see the smoke. Aaron said the fire department was there in less then a minute from the time he called.


Here is the neighbors side of the fence. All that ash would be the plastic table that held the ash tray. The fire department said the fire definitely started on their side of the fence but any evidence had burned in the fire. Aaron heard the neighbor tell the firemen that they had not been smoking out there today.
Here are my plants that just started to grow and now they are burnt.

I am so mad. Why don't people think? It was a winding day. There has been a lot of fire around here in the last few days.
My biggest fear is loosing everything in a fire. The day before our fence caught fire we had a big fire just down the street on Del Paso and I-5. For those of you who live in the Sacramento area you might of seen it on the news. Aaron was driving home from work and called me and told me they were evacuating our neighborhood. I jumped up to get a few important things. Aaron started to laugh. They weren't really evacuating our neighborhood. After I was done being mad at Aaron for making my heart beat out of my chest. I thought about what I would take if there every was a fire. I didn't know that it would be the next day that it would really matter.
Here is the neighbors side of the fence. All that ash would be the plastic table that held the ash tray. The fire department said the fire definitely started on their side of the fence but any evidence had burned in the fire. Aaron heard the neighbor tell the firemen that they had not been smoking out there today.
Here are my plants that just started to grow and now they are burnt.
My biggest fear is loosing everything in a fire. The day before our fence caught fire we had a big fire just down the street on Del Paso and I-5. For those of you who live in the Sacramento area you might of seen it on the news. Aaron was driving home from work and called me and told me they were evacuating our neighborhood. I jumped up to get a few important things. Aaron started to laugh. They weren't really evacuating our neighborhood. After I was done being mad at Aaron for making my heart beat out of my chest. I thought about what I would take if there every was a fire. I didn't know that it would be the next day that it would really matter.
What would you take if there was a fire and you had to get out?





6 comments:
Oh my gosh! Luckily you are all fine. Fortunately, if there was ever a fire here...all of our important documents are in the fire proof safe. We would loose the piano and our bedroom set, but they both are totally insured. Let's see, I would probably grab the laptop, our wedding scrapbook, and the dogs. Yikes.
SCARY!!! I'm glad that no ones was hurt and that Aaron was home to stop it from spreading.
oh man! scary, good thing aaron caught it in time!
that is a loaded question; i would definitely grab the kids, and probably a cell phone (because we wouldn't be able to call anyone because we don't know anyones number without it). next would be what ever pictures i could grab fast (maybe i should put together a box of important things to grab on our way out!)
i never got to comment on your disneyland trip (computer was in the shop for a week)! hooray for disneyland, so fun! i am super jealous, except for the sick part (poor little guy!). i am glad you guys had fun.
I'm glad it was your fence and not your house. That is scary stuff.
All the times I have referred to Aaron as useless, I take back 1/2 of them for putting out that fire. Scary.
That blog list thing on my blog is under customize. add page element, then it is called a blog list. It's pretty neat.
Wow, that's scary. I tell Josh at least once a month how we should back up all of our pictures onto CD's and leave a copy at my parents in case something happened. I like the idea of a fire proof safe. I am glad youguys are all okay, quick thinking on Aarons part.
Hows the pregnancy going?
Disneyland looks like a blast we are taking the kids in October, I am so excited!
Post a Comment