So many of you might know that we found out that we were expecting in March. Things were going really well. A few nights before my 16 week appointment I had a dream that I went into my appointment and they couldn't find a heartbeat. I ALWAYS have crazy dreams when I am pregnant so I didn't tell anyone.
I went into my appointment very nervous. I LOVE my midwife, she is so great. I told her I was dying to know the gender of this baby. We were hoping for a girls so I don't put the 2 girls together and do a super girly room. So I talked her into giving me an ultrasound to see if we could tell the gender. But as she was looking for the right parts she rolled it across the chest and we both saw it at the same time....no heartbeat. I couldn't believe it. I didn't even make it out of the office before I lost it, I got in the car and called my mom ( I was wanting to tell Aaron in person.) But Aaron called just minutes later and he knew something was up. So I told him he needed to go get the kids from my girlfriends house and come home. We had to tell the kids that there was no more baby. They were soo sad... Hannah started to cry.
We had to wait a few days before they could get me into do a D&C. After the procuder I felt so much better. I was really sad, but I knew that there was probably something wrong with that baby and it was better off returing to heaven.
It was a sad trial that we went through. But you wouldn't believe how much support we had through it. Friends and family showing up with flowers, fruit arrangments, plants, treats, hugs, meals.
It has been 4 weeks since we lost the baby, but we are doing pretty good. We know there is still one more baby to join our family sometime in the near future.
Thanks to all those who helped us throught it. We really appreiate it! we don't know what we would do without you!
I went into my appointment very nervous. I LOVE my midwife, she is so great. I told her I was dying to know the gender of this baby. We were hoping for a girls so I don't put the 2 girls together and do a super girly room. So I talked her into giving me an ultrasound to see if we could tell the gender. But as she was looking for the right parts she rolled it across the chest and we both saw it at the same time....no heartbeat. I couldn't believe it. I didn't even make it out of the office before I lost it, I got in the car and called my mom ( I was wanting to tell Aaron in person.) But Aaron called just minutes later and he knew something was up. So I told him he needed to go get the kids from my girlfriends house and come home. We had to tell the kids that there was no more baby. They were soo sad... Hannah started to cry.
We had to wait a few days before they could get me into do a D&C. After the procuder I felt so much better. I was really sad, but I knew that there was probably something wrong with that baby and it was better off returing to heaven.
It was a sad trial that we went through. But you wouldn't believe how much support we had through it. Friends and family showing up with flowers, fruit arrangments, plants, treats, hugs, meals.
It has been 4 weeks since we lost the baby, but we are doing pretty good. We know there is still one more baby to join our family sometime in the near future.
Thanks to all those who helped us throught it. We really appreiate it! we don't know what we would do without you!





9 comments:
i'm so sorry to hear of your loss! i'm so glad you have had the spirit comfort you during this difficult time.
I am so happy to hear you all are doing better, and then again so sorry for your loss!
And from the other many posts you put up it sounds like your family had a wonderful summer! Oh how I am going to miss that California breeze...the oceans and the WEATHER in general. Loved catching up!
:)
It seems like you had the right attitude throughout and I'm sure the gospel helps a whole lot when dealing with such a hard trial. We were and still are thinking of your family. :)
We were so sad to hear about your loss . . . your family will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers.
Jeri, you and Aaron are so strong. You've been in our thoughts and prayers and we're glad we have great examples like you two. We're so sorry for your loss.
Love you Jer Bear !
I'm so impressed with your attitude. You are a wonderful person and I'm glad you are pulling through ok... And on a lighter note, I'm happy I finally found out you have a blog, too :)
RIGHT! Stay strong. I'm sure Heavenly Father has a beautiful plan for you and your family!
Trials...hmmmm..I don't really know what the purpose is. I think we sometimes we get trapped into thinking the standard answers. Yet, I know that I can assume anything. With more trials than I can count, it always seems like I have way more blessings. Both of you have always amazed me at your wisdom and strength even when you were teenagers. I am so sorry you have had such sorrow in your life. If I could carry it for you I would. Would you please hug each other for me?lOTS OF lOVE FROM US TO YOU.
Post a Comment