Here is a picture of our unborn baby #3. We had a little bit of a scare. I had requested my blood work to be done so I knew 100% that I was pregnant. So my doctor sent me to the lab to get my HCG levels tested. If your levels are above 25 then that means you are pregnant, but to make sure things are going good you have to get your levels taken again 48 hours later and they need to double. So my first round of blood work my levels were 61 and then 2 days later they were 211. So far so good. But then my doctor called me back and said that yes my levels have double but they were still pretty low. So she said, "wait a week and go get your levels checked again". She said they needed to be over 2,000 to get an ultrasound to really make sure everything was okay. So I waited a week and then went and got more blood work done. I had done my own calculations and though that my levels would be in the 6,000. When my doctor called she said your levels are in the 16,000. WOW that was a really big jump. So I started reading online. Why would my levels jump so high? Our first thought was TWINS! Then the more people we talked to the more we started to believe there was twins in there. Luckily, I had a ultrasound set up for the next day because Aaron had the day off and I REALLY wanted him to go with me. When we got in there we started tell the ultrasound tec. why we were getting an ultrasound and how my levels had jumped so high. The first thing she asked is if twins ran in our families. Aaron has twins on his side of the family. When she started the ultrasound we knew right away that there was only one baby in there. We even got to see a heartbeat. So we are thinking our due date is December 4th! So we are REALLY excited for this baby to join the Call family!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
is it one? is it two? We didn't know, but now we do!
Here is a picture of our unborn baby #3. We had a little bit of a scare. I had requested my blood work to be done so I knew 100% that I was pregnant. So my doctor sent me to the lab to get my HCG levels tested. If your levels are above 25 then that means you are pregnant, but to make sure things are going good you have to get your levels taken again 48 hours later and they need to double. So my first round of blood work my levels were 61 and then 2 days later they were 211. So far so good. But then my doctor called me back and said that yes my levels have double but they were still pretty low. So she said, "wait a week and go get your levels checked again". She said they needed to be over 2,000 to get an ultrasound to really make sure everything was okay. So I waited a week and then went and got more blood work done. I had done my own calculations and though that my levels would be in the 6,000. When my doctor called she said your levels are in the 16,000. WOW that was a really big jump. So I started reading online. Why would my levels jump so high? Our first thought was TWINS! Then the more people we talked to the more we started to believe there was twins in there. Luckily, I had a ultrasound set up for the next day because Aaron had the day off and I REALLY wanted him to go with me. When we got in there we started tell the ultrasound tec. why we were getting an ultrasound and how my levels had jumped so high. The first thing she asked is if twins ran in our families. Aaron has twins on his side of the family. When she started the ultrasound we knew right away that there was only one baby in there. We even got to see a heartbeat. So we are thinking our due date is December 4th! So we are REALLY excited for this baby to join the Call family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
Congrats! Where are you living? 3 kids that is a lot. One of Hilary's friend went from 1 to 3 with twins recently. That would be a lot of work. Well I am working on my masters in Education Administration. It is hard but it will be worth it in the end.
Yippee! I am glad it is all working out for you guys. I am sure you are relieved not to be having twins. Guess I will be making a whole new Christmas present for the Call's this year!
Congratulations!! That is so exciting! That would have been fun if you had twins also. They are a lot of work, but they are also so fun! How far a long are you? Congrats, again!
Can you try and email me the bathing suit stuff again, for some reason I am not recieving it. If you could try: amyprice@sbcglobal.net
Congrats on your exciting news! We're excited for you. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is a breeze.
Congratulations Jeri and Aaron!!!!
Such exciting news!
I think it would have been exciting if you were having twins!!
Do they have an explanation as to why your levels jumped so high?
Hope you're feeling good and full of energy so you can take care of Austin and Hannah! :)
Take care!
Congrats Calls! I can't believe I am trying to get baby #1 out while you have started cooking #3 already. You guys are good. Real good.
yahoo for baby #3!!!! congratulations! i am so excited for you guys! i am waiting to vote until i see preggie pictures... i can always tell what people are having by looking at their belly, i really am right 99% of the time!!!
i am flying in to sacramento next thursday for a short weekend trip! i would love to see you and meet your little cutie pies! let me know if you will be around. i got your email about the bathingsuits (i didn't see it for the longest time because your email went to spam for some strange reason!) lets talk about it when we get together. i congratulations again, yippee!
You are a great mom and have such cute kids. Can't wait to see the little cutie after he/she is born!
Congrats on baby number 3! I am so glad to have found your blog! Your family is beautiful and your kids are getting so big! The last time we saw you guys Hannah was just a baby! It is amazing how fast time goes by! Well take care and I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy!!!
I wish it had been twins I've always wanted twins! Probebly better this way... Not so stressful.
Hope it's all good now
Post a Comment