This is my Great Grandma, Ora Field.She is 101 1/2.
About a month ago she fell and broke her leg. When they gave her am EKG they all were amazed at how strong her heart was for her age. But right before surgery she had a mild heart attack because of the stress her body was under. They were able to stabilize her and she went into surgery the next day. The Doctors were saying if they had to put her all the under that her chances of coming out of the surgery were slim. They were able to numb the lower half of her body to do the surgery. She came out of surgery fine but over the next few days things were looking a little rough. Her body was starting to shut down.
I went to visit her . When I walked in my heart broke. I didn't like seeing her in so much pain. I spent about 2 hours at the hospital. I didn't know if that was the last time I would see her. A few days later Aaron and I got the opportunity to go back and see her again.
The doctor that was on call during the week had the weekend off and when he came back he said he was surprised that she had made it through the weekend. Grandma is a fight, how else would you be able to out live your husband by over 30 years?
My Mom went to see her yesterday and she walked into her room and there was a old man laying in her bed. My mom's heart dropped, Where did Grandma go? So my mom went to the nurses station and asked where Ora had gone. The nurses said she is doing so much better they moved her upstairs.
Ora Field is an amazing person. She has over come a lot the past month. I admire her in so many ways. I am so grateful that my children were able to meet her and see how truly amazing she is. I love her strength in the Church and her love for the gospel. She is such a great example to me and my family. I hope that she can over come this and come home soon.





2 comments:
Our prayers and wishes are with you and her. Love ya tons!
Oh, you are so lucky to have a GREAT grandmother!! Wow. What an amazing woman she is! I am glad she is doing better these days. I hope you are able to spend as much time as you can with her! And to let your kids be with their great-great grandma! Amazing!!
:)
Post a Comment