I moved Hannah into a big girl bed a few weeks back. I was so nervous. When we moved Austin over we put him in a full size bed (one: so he didn't roll off and two: because that is the bed we already had and we didn't want to get rid of it). So every night Aaron or I would lay down with Austin because he wouldn't stay in bed by himself. So I thought well here we go again......
The first night I laid down with Hannah she took FOREVER to fall asleep. The second night she was taking even longer to fall asleep. I thought about putting her back in the crib, maybe she wasn't ready for this (or maybe I wasn't ready for this). So I got up out of her bed and thought... I am going to try and leave her in there while she is awake and let her put her self to sleep (that is how she did it in the crib) So I left and she fell fast asleep.
Now every night I lay the 2 of them down and leave the room and they talk for a minute or two and then they fall asleep. Austin gets out of bed less and she stays in bed so it works for everyone.
Isn't it funny that the things we stress over end up being the easiest things to deal with?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
We are trying to figure that one out right now. Isabelle will not stay in her bed, it is a giant fiasco EVERY NIGHT.
Yea for big girl beds!
Sometimes those transitions can be tough! Good job Hannah (and mom)
Wow! Okay I am modivated to go at Calina now!!
That's grea that she did so well. I miss you guys and wish we could get together with the kids. How is everything with your pregnancy?
Post a Comment